Mudbox normals

 This is the last bin-bag I made as I had started the other two after a lecture with Lothar when he mentioned to start off in maya and make your own model and then sculpt the detail onto that.

The two bin bags after this were created from a sphere in mudbox.

I created the normals in Mudbox for all three and exported them all as .fbx for use in my scene in Maya.

I started off with a simple cube shape and generated more detail in it by inserting edge loops. I then deformed entire loops and specific edges so I could make the bag shape I wanted. The bow at the top was created by simply extruding 4 faces on each side opposite to each other and repeating the same process of detail creation by adding in edge loops. The only one thing extra I did to that loop was use the interactive split tool to create the inner seem where the bow is at it's thinnest running along the centre from top to bottom.


As you can see, straight away i neglected to keep the original form so the normal map is going to be unaligned.








Ignoring the fact the normal will be un-aligned I'm actually fairly happy with the wrinkles and tight look of this bag.






Although the ripples and wrinkles look kind of silly in this final sculpt, I think they look better when applied to the low poly model as they lose their three dimensional nature so their flaws are less obvious.






Apologies for the golden bin-bag, Mudbox refused to render this properly with default lighting. This is by far my most aggressively wrinkled and dented bag, it looks as though it's had the air sucked out of it similar to when you have fabric or soft items in a bag and squeeze it leaving it looking like this. It's my most interesting of the three bags but doesn't quite make sense considering it's location (outside the home).